Thursday, March 6, 2014

I get by with a little help from my friends...

We all need some good friends.  I am grateful that I have the friends that I do.  What a wonderful group of people who all bring something unique to the table.  The good listener, the excellent advice-giver, the business-minded, the style-guru, the compassionate one, the global thinker, the rocket scientist, the one who totally gets my sense of humor, the one who I don't talk to often, but she knows me better than anyone...I'm a lucky girl.

While I am so appreciative of all of my friends, today's post is about two of my favorites, McCormick and Jiffy...
Not quite canna-boxing it last night, but certainly taking some help where I can get it.  What's on the table?  White Chicken Chili and Green Chile Cheddar Corn Muffins.

Sorry I didn't get more pictures again, but you know...ahem...kids.  It's a wonder I can even get dinner on the table.



White Chicken Chili
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 lbs. chicken (I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs), cut in bite sized pieces
2 med onions, diced
1 large yellow pepper, diced
1 packet McCormick White Chicken Chili seasoning packet
4 cups chicken broth (you can use less if you want it thicker.  With 4 cups, it comes out more like a soup)
1 can white beans, undrained
1 cup frozen corn
1 4oz can diced green chiles
For serving
Sour Cream
Cheddar cheese, shredded
Lime wedges
Cilantro, chopped

In a heavy bottom pot, cook chicken in olive oil over medium high heat until chicken is no longer pink (5-7 minutes).  Toss in onions and pepper, cook about 5 minutes until the veggies soften a bit.  Stir in the seasoning packet, chicken broth, beans, corn and green chiles.  Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low.  Simmer 10 minutes.  To serve, top with sour cream, cheese, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.



Green Chile Chile Cheddar Corn Muffins
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbs melted butter
1 4oz can green chiles
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 400.  Grease a muffin tin.  Mix all ingredients until just combined (batter will be lumpy).  Spoon into prepared muffin tin.  Bake 18-20 minutes.  

Thanks Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment